How We Give Back In Our Community
Integrity and kindness are the pillars of our practice at Monahan Law Group, LLC. Our mission to serve those in need extends beyond our legal services. We truly take this mission to heart.
That is why our attorneys offer our talents and resources in multiple ways throughout Illinois. Through fundraisers, volunteer efforts and charitable giving, we strive to make a difference in the lives of others. We know that every act matters.
Living Our Mission
Our team members contribute to the community in the following ways and more:
- Joseph T. Monahan has served in several positions with nonprofit organizations, including the Foundation for Human Development and Chicago Volunteer Legal Society (CVLS). He also advocates for children in probate cases at no cost.
- Amy E. McCarty has served as a committee member, board member and president of the Chicago Meals On Wheels program. In addition, she is a member of the Misericordia Human Rights Commission. She also protects the interests of children in guardianship cases at no cost.
- Carla D. Fiessinger contributes her legal knowledge to CVLS. Like her colleagues, she works pro bono to represent the interests of children in guardianship cases.
- John W. Whitcomb is passionate about serving individuals with disabilities and their families. In 2012, he accepted the Access Living’s Lead On! Award for his work with disability rights groups. Previously, he coached local youth softball and baseball teams.
- Anna Dzamashvili has been involved with several organizations, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as well as Equip for Equality. At Loyola University, she guided and represented people who often do not have sufficient access to legal advice.
- Mark J. Heyrman has been recognized for his dedication to his community with multiple awards, including the Mike Flannery Community Service Award, the “Heroes in the Fight” Award and many others.
- Amy E. Orlando has been involved with both PLOWS Council on Aging and CVLS.
- Monique C. Patton serves on the Board of Directors for Center for Independent Futures, a nonprofit organization geared towards providing individuals with disabilities with the tools and resources necessary to live full, independent lives. Monique has also represented clients on a pro bono basis in minor guardianship court and often volunteers to work with local schools or programs to educate teenage youth in underserved communities on various career paths.
Philanthropy Is The Backbone Of Our Practice
Our work does not stop when we leave the office. Our purpose is greater than collecting a paycheck. We work hard to make a difference within our community and beyond.
- Monahan Law Group, LLC has been an avid supporter of Meals on Wheels Chicago (MOWC) for many years. Partner, Amy McCarty, currently serves as President of the Executive Board, and Laura Vertucci as an Associate Board Member.
Over the past year, MOWC’s client population increased by 67% due to COVID-19. MOWC was quick to respond to the increased need for seniors and persons with disabilities who were homebound and impacted by the pandemic. In recognition of this heightened demand for support, our firm once again took action to support MOWC by participating in this year’s March for Meals 5K. We continued both our financial support as an event sponsor as well as joining in the “virtual” march with 21 staff members moving and shaking, raising over $13,000.00! View our Meals on Wheels Chicago team page today!